After you've gone through the first steps of connecting a data source, follow these instructions to connect to Amazon S3.
1. Click Amazon S3, then click next.
2. From there, select Add a New Credential and enter a credential name. Then select advanced settings.
3. In the advanced settings menu, enter your AWS Access Key and AWS Secret Key. When finished, click save. Don't have an Access Key or a Secret Key? Ask your IT, DevOps, or Data Engineering Team.
4. Select the the appropriate files or folders you wish to connect to. Select the grey arrow to expand folders. To select a file, hover over the file until the blue select button shows up and click select. After choosing the file, click the create button in the upper right hand corner.
[Optional] Click on the advanced settings menu as indicated by the green box to change the speed at which Nexla scans your data, and the file format type you prefer your data in. More more on the advanced settings options, see this article.
5. You will receive a confirmation page indicating successful creation of the data source.
Here, you can change the name of your data source by hovering over the name and editing. Add a description by hovering over the grey description text. Nexla will automatically save the changes.
Click done to return to My Data Sources. You can also click the View Data Source button to view the source you created directly. Or click the green Add New Source button to add a new data source.