After you've gone through the first steps of connecting a data source, follow these instructions to connect to FTP.
1. Click FTP, then click next.
2. Select Add a new Credential and enter a credential name. From there, enter the Host link, FTP port, select the connection type (if applicable), username, and password. If you don’t have the credentials to connect, please contact your IT, devops, or data engineering team. Should you be unable to connect because of the credentials, please check that you have selected the correct FTP connection type and port.
Below are common FTP connection types and their typical ports:
FTP: Port 21
FTPS: Port 21
SFTP: Port 22
3. [Optional] In the advanced settings menu, choose a FTP mode from the drop down.
4. Select the the appropriate files or folders you wish to connect to. Click the grey arrows to expand folders. To select a file, hover over the file until the blue select button shows up and click select. After choosing the file, click the create button in the upper right hand corner.
[Optional] Click on the advanced settings menu as indicated by the green box in the screenshot above to change the speed at which Nexla scans your data.
5. You will receive a confirmation page indicating successful creation of the data source.
Here, you can change the name of your data source by hovering over the name and editing. Add a description by hovering over the grey description text. Nexla will automatically save the changes.
Click done to return to My Data Sources. You can also click the View Data Source button to view the source you created directly or view detected datasets button to view the data sets detected from your source.