After you've gone through the first steps of preparing your data to send, follow these instructions to send to FTP.
1. Select FTP as your destination.
2. Click Add A New Credential. Enter a credential name. Enter your credential information including the Host link, FTP port, FTP Connection type, FTP username, and FTP password. Click Save when done. If you don’t have the credentials to connect, please contact your IT, devops, or data engineering team.
3. If you need to grant anonymous access then click on the Is access anonymous? checkbox.
4. [Optional] In the Advanced Settings menu, choose a FTP mode from the drop down. Click SAVE.
5. Select the the appropriate files or folders you wish to add. Click the grey arrows to expand folders. To select a file, hover over the file until the blue select button shows up and click select. Then, click GO TO 5.
6. Set the output file format from the DATA FORMAT dropdown. Then click CREATE.
7. [Optional] To set a custom header, select the ADD CUSTOM HEADER TO EACH OUTPUT FILE checkbox and enter the header in the below textbox.
8. [Optional] You may drag the column names to reorder and click on the 'X' button to remove an attribute from the output file.
9. [Optional] To set a custom file name prefix, select the below indicated checkbox and enter the prefix in the textbox.
10. [Optional] To set a tracker name, select the below indicated checkbox and enter the tracker name in the textbox.
11. You will be redirected to the summary page. From here, you can click the Activate this Flow button to start sending the dataset. You can also activate later if you'd like to start sending at a later time. When you're finished, click DONE.
You can also scroll to see specifics of your data flow.
*You must activate the flow in order for the data to start sending to your preferred destination.
Activate your data set to a different time
1. Navigate back to My Data Sets. From the drop down, select To My Destinations.
2. On the data set you wish to activate, click the three blue dots in the corner as indicated by the red circle. From the drop down, select Activate. Once the lightning bolt in the top right corner turns green, you're done! Your data set is now activated.
That’s it! Nexla will now continue to process your data and automatically monitor your data and alert you for any schema changes or pauses in activity.